Index du forum Hors sujet
9 messages
Page 1 sur 1

(ici) An English addendum to Le Temple d'Alyson

Novice
(Messages: 8)

An English addendum to Le Temple d'Alyson

(ici) par Johndive » Mer Juil 05, 2006 6:28 pm

This is a wonderful Alyson site, but it's so difficult for those who don't speak French to navigate that I wish there were an addendum in English with a map and a little advice. I just had XP reinstalled on this laptop, and today I wasn't able to see anything in the Crypte. I don't know if it is I, or if it's something I'm failing to do, but an advice page would certainly help.
Grand-Prêtre
(Messages: 1556)

(ici) par Giles » Mer Juil 05, 2006 9:34 pm

Hi Johndive,

Thanks to report your problems, that helps to improve the site quality :-)

I had tested with IE5.5 and Firefox 1.5 but not with IE6 SP2. It seems that there is some security issue that has been introduced with this version.
I will try to solve it. Though in the midtime you can:
Use Firefox (highly recommended)
or
You can
- Copy the link
- Paste it in the IE address bar
- Cut (Ctrl-X) the value between http:// and @
- Delete the @ too
- Validate this address (Return)
(an authentification panel should be displayed)
- Paste the cut text in the username field (Ctrl-V) leave the password empty
- Validate the entry
- Do the same operation again if the authentification window appears a second time !
That's all !!!!

I suppose you understand why I recommended Firefox ;-)
Giles, Grand Prêtre (Webmaster) du Temple d'Alyson :ugeek:
Grand-Prêtre

(ici) par Giles » Jeu Juil 06, 2006 12:50 am

I have found the information on Microsoft site why this does not work. As I though it was a 2005 security patch that blocks the function because some sites have used it to deceive naive users.

So they have suppressed the function ! I wonder why they have not suppressed Windows because many hackers have used it to deceive the user. lol

There is a way to reactivate the function but you need to modify the regitry so I won't recommend it.

MS proposes a work around for the site designers: Do not use this function and use another mean to do what you need !!!
Thanks MS.

As my videos are on a hosting that offers huge storage and bandwidth but minimal capabilities I have no possibility to do it in another way that is user friendly.

So if you are IE user and still don't want to use Firefox (really I don't understand why!), you have to apply the work around above, that has been simplified by providing the link-without-the-username and the username separately (no need to edit the link).

I had already planned to have an English version of the download page. It's really urgent now the IE users have complex operations to follow.

Sorry for the inconvience (due to this $*%^#~& IE)
Novice

(ici) par Johndive » Jeu Juil 06, 2006 12:51 am

Dear Giles,

I was just talking to my best friend here in Illinois trying to have him help me with the computer and my French, but he was wildly involved with a French soccer team called "Les Bleus." I think this might be the World Cup, and they are playing Portugal. He helped clarify for me how much I want France to win, so I'll be getting advice from him later. I do like Port, but my best wishes are that France win. Bon chance!
Grand-Prêtre

(ici) par Giles » Jeu Juil 06, 2006 1:01 am

They already won 2 hours ago and will play the final vs Italy next Sunday.

In fact I am not very fond of soccer but I could follow the score by just listening to the joy shouts in the neighbourhood while I was myself fighting against IE!
Disciple
(Messages: 470)

(ici) par Willaurent » Jeu Juil 06, 2006 2:07 am

Hi Johndive,

Who knows, perhaps, one day, the temple-Alyson will become bilingual...

And Yes! France won the semi-final. Probably not the best match from the french soccer team but the important was to ''win'', as a certain P de coubertin said (didn't he? Lol) ;-)

... And "John dived" into the temple of Alyson...
Novice

(ici) par Johndive » Sam Juil 08, 2006 6:53 pm

It's embarrassing to be writing in English on a French site, and next time I'm going to do my best to post in French. This time, however, I have to vent my irritation with Microsoft.

Bill Gates tries to force everything on the user and it's almost all inferior. If the user wants to use CPIC, WinAmp, WinVn, Firefox, etc., Microsoft makes it difficult, and is the user wants to get rid of The Microsoft Messenger, Microsoft makes it impossible.

With DOS anyone could fix things with Edlin commands, now I have no sense of how the computer works. Everything used to be hierarchical, but now things seem to be located in outer space. It would have been so much better if Microsoft had spent its money and time in making a good operating system than in loading the user down with bad programs. Well, thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Merci,

John
Grand-Prêtre

(ici) par Giles » Dim Juil 09, 2006 2:18 am

Don't worry about posting in English. That 's a pleasure to have an Alyson's compatriot writting on the forum.

More over I have created the English version of the video download page (even with the IE variant).

I hope it works because I am leaving in few hours for California :-)
So I will not be there to repair the bug before several days.
Publier une réponse